Special Immigration Measure* – Ukraine – June 20, 2022
Numbers of Letters of Advice to Apply issued: 14
*As part of Manitoba government’s response to the situation in Ukraine and in line with Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada special immigration measures for those affected, the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program will conduct regular EOI draws for individuals who meet all MPNP eligibility criteria and are affected by ongoing events in Ukraine.
Note: Expressions of Interest have only been considered if you:
- are a citizen of Ukraine
- have a minimum of CLB 4 in each language band
- have established connection to MB (close relative, family-like, community, previous employment or studies in Manitoba)
- have a valid language test
- score at least 60 points according to MPNP assessment criteria
Please note that a CUAET holder working in Manitoba for at least six months may be eligible to apply to the MPNP as a Skilled Worker in Manitoba. Please see here for more information about the Skilled Worker in Manitoba pathway.
Manitoba’s Immigration Advisory Council is launching a series of public meetings to inform its recommendations on improvements to Manitoba’s current immigration policies and programs.
Meetings will be held over the summer including sessions in:
- Winnipeg in room 230, Manitoba Legislative Building, 450 Broadway, on June 22 from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.;
- Beausejour at the Beau-Head Seniors Association, 645 Park Ave., on June 23 from 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.;
- Dauphin at the Watson Arts Centre (Fire Hall Room), 104 First Ave. NW, on June 29 from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.;
- Swan River at the Veterans Community Hall (Legion Meeting Hall), 110 Sixth Ave. NE, on June 29 from 3:30 to 5 p.m.;
- Thompson at the Best Western Thompson, 205 Mystery Lake Rd. on June 30 from 10:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.;
- Brandon at the Victoria Inn, 3550 Victoria Ave., on July 11 from 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.;
- Neepawa at the Neepawa Public Library, 280 Davidson St., on July 11 from 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.;
- Winkler at the Best Western Plus, 1705 Diamond Dr., on Aug. 4 from 10:30 a.m. to noon;
- Altona at the Millennium Exhibition Centre, 227-10th Ave. NW, on Aug. 4 from 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.;
- Steinbach at the Days Inn, 75 Provincial Trunk Highway (PTH) 12 N, on Aug. 4 from 4:30 p.m. to 6 p.m.;
- Winnipeg at the Winnipeg Grand Mosque, 2445 Waverley St., on Aug. 10 from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.; and
- Winnipeg at the Maples Community Centre, 424 Adsum Dr., on Aug. 11 from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
A bilingual session will also be held in east Winnipeg:
- Winnipeg at the Canad Inns Transcona, 826 Regent Ave. W, on July 7 from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. (bilingual session).
Please see here for the official news release.
Draw #147 – June 2, 2022
INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION STREAM
- Number of Letters of Advice to Apply issued: 54
SKILLED WORKERS OVERSEAS
- Number of Letters of Advice to Apply issued: 92 who were invited directly by the MPNP under a Strategic Recruitment Initiative
- Ranking score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 714
Of the 146 Letters of Advice to Apply issued in this draw, 34 were issued to candidates who declared a valid Express Entry ID and job seeker validation code.
- Expressions of Interest from Skilled Worker Overseas candidates have only been considered if they:
- were directly invited by the MPNP under a Strategic Recruitment initiative; or
- have an IRCC Express Entry ID and job seeker validation code
- Candidates invited with an IRCC Express Entry ID and job seeker validation code will only be eligible to receive a nomination if the Express Entry profile is valid at the time of the application assessment.
- If your score is higher than that of the lowest-ranked candidate, but you have not received an Letter of Advice to Apply, this could be because:
- You have indicated that you have taken an approved third-party language test to demonstrate your language ability in English/French, but have not provided a valid Test Number in your EOI or your language test is no longer valid
- You have indicated that you have received an Invitation to Apply to the MPNP under a Strategic Initiative, but did not provide a valid Invitation Number
- Please note that for each question in EOI, help text is available, providing detailed information on the information you should enter. If one of these scenarios applies to you, you may wish to update your EOI with the correct information in order to be considered for the next draw from the EOI pool.
- Candidates who indicated they are working in a regulated occupation and are fully licensed to work in Manitoba have been selected in this draw. However, the MPNP may not accept or may refuse full applications from those candidates who are not actually working in a regulated occupation and/or fail to provide proof of having undergone all necessary licensing steps to be employed in Manitoba. If this applies to you, you may wish to consider declining your Letter of Advice to Apply.