|Farm Business Experience
|You must have a minimum of 3 years of farm ownership and operation experience, supported by verifiable documents.
|Official Languages Proficiency
|The Farm Investor Pathway (FIP) recognizes language capabilities in either of Canada's two official languages are an important adaptability skill that will accelerate your ability to become economically established in rural Manitoba.
If you are invited to attend a FIP interview, you will be required to conduct the interview in either French or English.
|Farm Business Investment
|You must invest a minimum of $300,000 CAD. You are expected to establish a farming business in rural Manitoba.
Farm business investments must be in eligible tangible assets as defined by the MPNP.
A farm business plan is required and is an integral part of the application.
Investments into a farm business operated primarily for the purposes of deriving passive investment income or speculative purposes are not eligible.
|Farm Business Research Visit
|You must conduct a farm business research visit to Manitoba.
|Farm Business Activities
|A farm business entity should have ongoing and recurring business activities in rural Manitoba.
You are required to live on the farm and actively participate in the management of the farm business on an ongoing basis from within Manitoba.
The farm business must be in active primary agriculture production and economically viable.
The MPNP requires you to conduct value-added farm business activities in Manitoba. Purely speculative activities or the use of third-party farm managers are not eligible under the MPNP.
|Economic Establishment Adaptability
|You must demonstrate adaptability, specifically relating to practical farming skills, technical knowledge and experience in technological based farming practices that will transfer directly to Manitoba's current primary farm production industry.
|You must have a minimum net worth of $500,000 CAD.
The MPNP may request verification of your net worth and financial information by a designated third-party service provider. If requested, the verification report, along with your application, must be submitted to the MPNP within 120 days of receiving your Invitation to Apply.
Who cannot apply to the MPNP?
The following are not eligible to submit an application to the MPNP:
- Refugee claimants, or individuals involved in a federal appeal or removal process
- Live-in Caregivers currently living in Canada
- Temporary foreign workers currently working and residing in a province other than Manitoba
- Spouses of Canadian citizens or permanent residents
- Individuals who have been refused by the MPNP within the last six months and who are not able to address the reason(s) for refusal
- Individuals who have an active immigration application with any other provincial immigration program or federal immigration program in Canada. Note: an Express Entry profile is not considered an immigration application.
If you or your spouse already have an active MPNP application, you are not eligible to submit an additional application to any other stream/pathway of the MPNP.