The Skilled Workers Stream is locally driven and based on the needs of Manitoba employers. We select internationally trained and experienced workers who have the skills needed in the local labour market, and nominate them to receive Canadian permanent resident visas to settle and work in Manitoba.
The Skilled Workers Overseas pathway nominates applicants who demonstrate an established connection to Manitoba through:
- the support of family members or friends;
- through previous education or work experience in the province; or
- through an Invitation to Apply received directly from the MPNP as part of a Strategic Recruitment Initiative.
Apply in 3 Steps
Immigration through the Skilled Workers Overseas pathway is a three-step process:
- The highest-scoring qualified candidates with a connection to Manitoba are invited to submit an MPNP application.
- Following a thorough assessment, the MPNP nominates successful candidates to make a separate application to the Government of Canada for permanent resident visas for you and your family.
Note: Additional information is included in the General Program Processes and Policies section.