The Skilled Workers Overseas (SWO) pathway nominates applicants who demonstrate an established connection to Manitoba through:
- the support of family members or friends;
- through previous education or work experience in the province; or
- through an Invitation to Apply received directly from the MPNP as part of a Strategic Recruitment Initiative.
Apply in 3 Steps
Immigration through the Skilled Workers Overseas pathway is a three-step process:
- The highest-scoring qualified candidates with a connection to Manitoba are invited to submit an MPNP application.
- Following a thorough assessment, the MPNP nominates successful candidates to make a separate application to the Government of Canada for permanent resident visas for you and your family.
Note: Additional information is included in the General Program Processes and Policies section.