Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program staff will be in Vienna, Austria along with Manitoba employers to conduct interviews with individuals who can demonstrate qualifying skills in the following areas:
Long-haul truck drivers
- Operate and drive tractor trailer weighing 4,500 kg to transport goods and materials over long distances
- Plan trip logistics and obtain required documentation to transport goods
- Perform pre-trip and post trip inspections of vehicle systems
- Obtain special permits and additional documents to transport cargo on international routes
Experience in transporting live haul is also being considered, so please specify related experience on your resume.
Note: Those interested in opportunities as a long-haul truck driver must currently hold the equivalent to a Manitoba Class 1 driver's license, including air brake endorsement and a clear driving record (must provide documentation).
Heavy equipment mechanics
- Repair, troubleshoot, adjust, overhaul and maintain mobile heavy-duty equipment used in construction, transportation, forestry, mining, oil and gas, material handling, landscaping, land clearing, farming and similar activities
Specialized livestock workers
- Agricultural service contractors provide agricultural services such as livestock and poultry breeding, soil preparation, crop planting, crop spraying, cultivating or harvesting. Farm supervisors supervise the work of general farm workers and harvesting labourers. Specialized livestock workers carry out feeding, health and breeding programs on dairy, beef, sheep, poultry, hog and other livestock farms.
Employment opportunities are available to qualified and interested candidates who:
- are between the age of 21–45;
- have post-secondary education/training in the related occupations listed;
- have a minimum of 3 years of employment experience in the past 5 years in the related occupations listed; and
- are able to meet the Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB 4) or Common European Framework Reference (CEFR B1).
Submit a résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "European Mission 2015".
If you are successful in securing an interview, you will be responsible for your own travel to meet with us and prospective employers in Vienna, Austria during the month of November 2015.