|A business plan is required as part of your application.
You must operate the business as a senior manager on a daily basis from the place of business in Manitoba for at least 6 months prior to nomination, consistent with the requirements of your Business Performance Agreement (BPA).
You must have at least 51% ownership of the business equity.
|Official Languages Proficiency
|You must have a minimum level of CLB/NCLC 7.
|You must have completed a full-time post-secondary program in Manitoba that is at least 2 years in duration.
Studies and/or work/business experience outside of Canada will be considered as beneficial, but are not an eligibility requirement.
|You must be between 21 to 35 years of age.
|You must have a valid open work permit* at the time of application.
You must have continuously resided in Manitoba since graduation.
You must show the intent to continue to reside in Manitoba after nomination.
|Net Worth/Settlement Funds
|A deposit is not required.
Minimum net worth is not an eligibility criterion; however, net worth/source of funds will be considered for the purpose of evaluating the potential for you to successfully execute on your business plan.
You must demonstrate liquid funds equivalent to low income cut-off (LICO) requirements for independent financial resources for a twelve-month period.
Your personal net worth will be verified by a third-party supplier approved by the MPNP. A verification report, along with the application, must be submitted to the MPNP within 120 days of receiving your LAA.
|Business Performance Agreement
|After an application is approved, a Business Performance Agreement (BPA) must be signed prior to the MPNP issuing you an approval-in-principle letter to implement your business plan.
Who cannot apply to the MPNP?
The following are not eligible to submit an application to the MPNP:
- Refugee claimants, or individuals involved in a federal appeal or removal process
- Live-in Caregivers currently living in Canada
- Temporary foreign workers currently working and residing in a province other than Manitoba
- Spouses of Canadian citizens or permanent residents
- Individuals who have been refused by the MPNP within the last six months and who are not able to address the reason(s) for refusal
- Individuals who have an active immigration application with any other provincial immigration program or federal immigration program in Canada. Note: an Express Entry profile is not considered an immigration application.
If you or your spouse already have an active MPNP application, you are not eligible to submit an additional application to any other stream/pathway of the MPNP.