Employers who have demonstrated an immediate, ongoing need for skilled workers may qualify to participate in strategic recruitment initiatives. Employers will have met the eligibility requirements for the positions they are recruiting and have completed the ABC Recruitment Process.
Approved employers will submit to Employer Services international candidates who meet the program criteria and have the ability and intent to establish in Manitoba with a full-time permanent or long-term employment offer.
Candidates must meet all criteria listed below:
- Age: 21–45 (unless otherwise specifically requested by the employer)
- Education: Have completed post-secondary education where required by the occupation/employer (on selected pilots, on the job training may be considered).
- Work experience: Have at least 2 years of full-time work experience in the past 5 years in an occupation related to the job for which they are being selected.
- Official languages proficiency: Meet demonstrated language proficiency of at least CLB 5 in each test category (skill area) according to the CLB Language Grid. CLB 4 for TEER 4 and 5 occupations may be considered at Employer Services or the MPNP's discretion.
- Adaptability and settlement supports: Priority will be given to labour market needs outside of the Winnipeg Metropolitan Region. Candidates who demonstrate stronger ties to another province of Canada, through previous employment or previous completion of post-secondary education, may be deemed a retention risk and not approved by Employer Services or the MPNP.
Note: Employers will be required to pay transportation to Manitoba and work permit costs for selected workers in TEER 4 or 5 occupations and may also be required to pay repatriation costs. Employers will also be required to register with the Government of Canada's Employer Portal and pay the $230 LMIA-exempt compliance fee. These fees cannot be charged back to the worker.
All applicants must meet the minimum 60 MPNP assessment points to be considered under the Employer Direct Pathway. Please visit the Points Assessment page to learn how these points are calculated.